EPA releases Phase 1 dredging evaluation report addendum for public comment
New Publications - May 3, 2010
An addendum to EPA’s Phase 1 Evaluation Report on the Hudson River dredging project has been posted at:
where the report itself has also been posted since its publication in early March.
The addendum addresses, among other things, the acceptable dredging-related loss of PCBs to the Lower Hudson River.
GE’s report can be found at http://www.hudsondredging.com.
The Agency encourages the public to submit comments on the addendum until May 13 at a designated Web site, http://www.hudsondredgingdata.com.
The public can comment from any computer with Internet access, including computers at the Agency’s Hudson River Field Office in Fort Edward, at libraries, or at the information repositories established for the site.
The web site allows members of the public to print copies of their comments and receive a confirmation that their comments have been received.
In addition, written comments can be mailed to the Hudson River Field Office at 421 Lower Main Street, Hudson Falls, New York, 12839.
The addendum has been provided to the Peer Review panel members for their consideration. During the Peer Review, the panel members are considering certain questions relating to the engineering performance standards and the monitoring program for Phase 2 of the project. They will then submit their individual views on the questions; these views will be compiled into a report, which is expected to be complete by the end of July.
The second meeting of the Hudson River Peer Review Panel will be held May 4, 5 and 6. The focus of this meeting is for the Peer Review Panel members to publicly discuss and consider their individual responses to the charge questions that have been presented to the panel. Evaluation Reports prepared by US EPA and General Electric (GE) will be reviewed with respect to the Engineering Performance Standards
(resuspension of PCB's, residual contamination, and production rate).
More information on the project's Engineering Performance Standards can be found at this link: http://www.epa.gov/hudson/eng_perf_stand.htm.
The public will be given an opportunity to make brief comments regarding the information presented at the Peer Review Panel meeting at the end of the day on Tuesday, May 4 and Wednesday, May 5. Public comments will be received in the order in which individuals preregister each day of the meeting.
When and Where:
Tuesday, May 4 (8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 5 (8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Thursday, May 6 (8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.)
Queensbury Hotel, Adirondack Room
88 Ridge Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
Information about the Hudson River PCBs Superfund site can be found at:
Residents with questions are encouraged to contact EPA Community Involvement Coordinator Kristen Skopeck at 518-747-4389, email@example.com, or the project’s hotline number at 1-888-596-3655.
More articles from this category
- INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY, JACKSONVILLE TO MIAMI, MAINTENANCE DREDGING
Contracts & Tenders - August 22, 2014
- Sabine Neches Waterway, Sabine Outer Bar and Outer Bank Channels, Hopper Dredging
Contracts & Tenders - August 21, 2014
- Maintenance Dredging, Great South Bay Channel Federal Navigation Project
Contracts & Tenders - August 20, 2014
- US: company seeks permit for recreational facility in New England
Project Updates - August 19, 2014
- UK: work starts on Clacton to Holland-on-Sea coastal defence project
Project Updates - August 18, 2014
- Key role for Doosan excavators in Polish flood control project
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- UK: £3 million investment will improve waterways for boaters
News - August 14, 2014
- Great Lakes Dredging MATOC - Presolicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 13, 2014
- Pipeline Dredging, GIWW between Rollover Pass and Galveston Causeway - Solicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 12, 2014
- LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER SIDE CHANNELS CLAMSHELL DREDGING 2014 - AWARD
Contracts & Tenders - August 11, 2014
- Work starts on Raritan River dredging project
Project Updates - August 8, 2014
- Mike Hooks Inc awarded Calcasieu River dredging contract
Contracts & Tenders - August 8, 2014
- Cleanup work completed at Waukegan Harbour
Environmental Issues - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- BOEM and East Carolina University sign agreement to evaluate sand resources
Research & Development - August 7, 2014