Uljanik Shipyard delivers dredge to Jan De Nul
New Vessels - September 19, 2011
Marine Log and various other sources report that Croatia's Uljanik Shipyard has delivered a fourth self-propelled cutter suction dredge, Niccolò Machiavelli, to Jan De Nul.
Niccolò Machiavelli has a dredging depth of 36.6 m depth and is capable of dredging (cutting and simultaneous suction) compacted sand, stiff clay, stones and similar sediments of the sea floor. The excavated material is unloaded by the port or starboard side spuds into barges or through a swivel to a floating pipeline to the shore at a distance of about 10km.
The dredger has a length of 138.50m and breadth of 26m. It has a deadweight of 2,200 tonnes and a draft of 5.75 m.
The new dredge has three MAN 6L48/60 engines, each delivering 7,200 kW at 500 rpm, supplying three main alternating generators, each having a power of 7,200 kW at a voltage of 6.6kV.
The major consumption of power is by three huge dredge pumps, each having a power of 5MW. The ship develops a speed of 13 knots with diesel electric propulsion, driven by two electric motors of 3.5MW each.
In addition to Niccolò Machiavelli and its three sister self-propelled cutter suction dredge, Uljanik also has contracts from Jan De Nul for the construction of two trailing suction hopper dredges.
More articles from this category
- Sabine Neches Waterway, Sabine Outer Bar and Outer Bank Channels, Hopper Dredging
Contracts & Tenders - August 21, 2014
- Maintenance Dredging, Great South Bay Channel Federal Navigation Project
Contracts & Tenders - August 20, 2014
- US: company seeks permit for recreational facility in New England
Project Updates - August 19, 2014
- UK: work starts on Clacton to Holland-on-Sea coastal defence project
Project Updates - August 18, 2014
- Key role for Doosan excavators in Polish flood control project
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- UK: £3 million investment will improve waterways for boaters
News - August 14, 2014
- Great Lakes Dredging MATOC - Presolicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 13, 2014
- Pipeline Dredging, GIWW between Rollover Pass and Galveston Causeway - Solicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 12, 2014
- LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER SIDE CHANNELS CLAMSHELL DREDGING 2014 - AWARD
Contracts & Tenders - August 11, 2014
- Work starts on Raritan River dredging project
Project Updates - August 8, 2014
- Mike Hooks Inc awarded Calcasieu River dredging contract
Contracts & Tenders - August 8, 2014
- Cleanup work completed at Waukegan Harbour
Environmental Issues - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- BOEM and East Carolina University sign agreement to evaluate sand resources
Research & Development - August 7, 2014
- Australia: Senate hears plan to use dredged spoil to build airport
News - August 7, 2014