IADC and UNESCO-IHE sign MoU
Dredging Organisations - February 11, 2013
United by their joint interest in the education and training of engineers in fields related to the dredging industry and port development, the International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) and UNESCO-IHE have had a long-standing relationship.
With an official Memorandum of Understanding between the IADC and UNESCO-IHE, this cooperation has been formalised and given a broader perspective for the future.
IADC and UNESCO-IHE have agreed to continue to work together on particular projects such as short courses on ‘Coastal Engineering and Port Development' (CEPD), as well as the IADC’s week-long course on dredging and reclamation which has been presented annually at the UNESCO-IHE Delft campus for two decades.
In general, the IADC will offer the more than 14,500 UNESCO-IHE alumni students and alumni a wealth of technical knowledge through its publications such as Terra et Aqua Journal, Dredging for Development and its Facts About series of executive summaries on dredging.
The IADC will also encourage its members to support research projects of UNESCO-IHE students. On the other hand, these UNESCO-IHE alumni from developing countries and countries in transition in Africa, Asia and Latin America can be of importance to the IADC as potential clients and employees.
The UNESCO-IHE (United Nations Economic, Social and Cultural Organization-International Institute for Hydraulic Engineering) is the largest international postgraduate institute for water education in the Netherlands.
Based in Delft, the institute prides itself on building long-term relations with its wide-spread and diverse international student body.
The IADC is the global umbrella organisation for contractors in the private dredging industry. As such the IADC is dedicated to promoting the skills, integrity and reliability of its members, as well as the dredging industry in general. The IADC has over one hundred main and associated members.
More articles from this category
- INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY, JACKSONVILLE TO MIAMI, MAINTENANCE DREDGING
Contracts & Tenders - August 22, 2014
- Sabine Neches Waterway, Sabine Outer Bar and Outer Bank Channels, Hopper Dredging
Contracts & Tenders - August 21, 2014
- Maintenance Dredging, Great South Bay Channel Federal Navigation Project
Contracts & Tenders - August 20, 2014
- US: company seeks permit for recreational facility in New England
Project Updates - August 19, 2014
- UK: work starts on Clacton to Holland-on-Sea coastal defence project
Project Updates - August 18, 2014
- Key role for Doosan excavators in Polish flood control project
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- UK: £3 million investment will improve waterways for boaters
News - August 14, 2014
- Great Lakes Dredging MATOC - Presolicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 13, 2014
- Pipeline Dredging, GIWW between Rollover Pass and Galveston Causeway - Solicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 12, 2014
- LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER SIDE CHANNELS CLAMSHELL DREDGING 2014 - AWARD
Contracts & Tenders - August 11, 2014
- Work starts on Raritan River dredging project
Project Updates - August 8, 2014
- Mike Hooks Inc awarded Calcasieu River dredging contract
Contracts & Tenders - August 8, 2014
- Cleanup work completed at Waukegan Harbour
Environmental Issues - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- BOEM and East Carolina University sign agreement to evaluate sand resources
Research & Development - August 7, 2014