IMS Dredges receives Presidential award for exports
Company News - June 2, 2014
Ryan Horton, Sales Director and Jim Horton IMS President with the award.
US Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker recently presented IMS Dredges with the President's 'E' Award for Exports at a ceremony in Washington, DC.
The E Awards are the highest recognition any US entity may receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of US exports. During the awards ceremony Secretary Pritzker gave special recognition to IMS for their exporting success.
"Exporting is what drives our growth, and we are honored to receive the E Award," said Ryan Horton, IMS Global Sales Director.
"IMS exported its first dredge to Thailand in 1988. By 1992 over 25 per cent of our business was from exporting and in the past four years well over half of our sales are from exporting."
"IMS Dredges has demonstrated a sustained commitment to export expansion. The E Awards Committee was very impressed with IMS Dredge's innovative design of products specifically for export. The company's dedication to solving logistics challenges was also particularly impressive. IMS Dredges's achievements have undoubtedly contributed to national export expansion efforts that support the US economy and create American jobs," said Secretary Pritzker in her congratulatory letter to the company announcing its selection as an award recipient.
More articles from this category
- Sabine Neches Waterway, Sabine Outer Bar and Outer Bank Channels, Hopper Dredging
Contracts & Tenders - August 21, 2014
- Maintenance Dredging, Great South Bay Channel Federal Navigation Project
Contracts & Tenders - August 20, 2014
- US: company seeks permit for recreational facility in New England
Project Updates - August 19, 2014
- UK: work starts on Clacton to Holland-on-Sea coastal defence project
Project Updates - August 18, 2014
- Key role for Doosan excavators in Polish flood control project
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- UK: £3 million investment will improve waterways for boaters
News - August 14, 2014
- Great Lakes Dredging MATOC - Presolicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 13, 2014
- Pipeline Dredging, GIWW between Rollover Pass and Galveston Causeway - Solicitation
Contracts & Tenders - August 12, 2014
- LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER SIDE CHANNELS CLAMSHELL DREDGING 2014 - AWARD
Contracts & Tenders - August 11, 2014
- Work starts on Raritan River dredging project
Project Updates - August 8, 2014
- Mike Hooks Inc awarded Calcasieu River dredging contract
Contracts & Tenders - August 8, 2014
- Cleanup work completed at Waukegan Harbour
Environmental Issues - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- BOEM and East Carolina University sign agreement to evaluate sand resources
Research & Development - August 7, 2014
- Australia: Senate hears plan to use dredged spoil to build airport
News - August 7, 2014